Making New Friends: Winning Friends & Gaining Respect
Having friends can you can trust and count on can be a health benefit as well as a social benefit. Many people don't think of friends like this but if you do, it can help you cherish and make the friendships you already have, even better. Having someone to call when you need to talk, someone to lean on when you are feeling down, or someone to comfort you in a time of need; that is what a true friend is! The question, though, is if you don't have those kinds of friends, how do you find them and best of all, how do you know you can trust them once you do.
To make friends, there are some things that you can do to make new friends and here are a few tips that will help you do just that:
1) If you are mom, join an organization such as your daughter's girl scout or even a PTA. This way you can meet with other mother and get to know people. You can establish functions, mother days, and quickly learn about other mothers.
2) If you are more of the clubbing type, go to a local bar or club. This will not be the easiest group to just meet as a friend, but if you try to meet others like-minded, it could happen. You should probably look for other that you feel you could relate to and doesn't seem to apprehensive. If you don't get the vibe the first time someone is susceptible, then you may have to try again.
3) Volunteer. There is no one program short of volunteers. If you volunteer, you will surely meet other who volunteer and you will all have the same common goal. That is something to build off of. The more you see the same people when you volunteer the more communication you share and the more chances you can figure out times to get together and hang out.
4) This may seems clique, but having a job exposes you to friends. You are going to see the same people at work. Develop a working relationship with your co-workers. She can get the vibe of who will mix well with you and who you should keep your distance from. You don't need and don't want the drama at work, so use you logic. People always want someone to talk to about something at work so this would be a great place find friends.
5) Form a group such as a sport craft or art group. Groups with common interest are always a great way to find relatable people as the common interest makes it easy to start conversations.
In any situation of trying to make friends, it is important to take little steps in doing so. You do want to see over-bearing. Start conversations with something you are interested in or something you know they are interested in. From there, communication can go forward naturally. If you start to get nervous, it of course, will get awkward so just be yourself and be natural. Find out what the person likes and tell them what you like. Compliment them about something you like that they may have on. Ask them about where they grew up or What do they do? After you ask more question, they will lead you to more and more conversation. Be sure to always smile and its great to add humor. Well this was just a few tips to get you started into making friends. Hope it can help you on your road to finding your own best friend.
Comment or Share the Love
Subscribe Now Click Here